Innovation Lab Specialist
Department: The Institute
Reports to: Dean of the Institute
School year: 2022 - 2023
The Innovation Lab hosts an artificial intelligence station, a virtual reality/augmented reality station, as well as a maker space to enhance project-based learning across the school. The MakerSpace will contain a 3D printer and other high-end tools of design. The Innovation Lab Specialist tinkers, makes, designs, and seeks to constantly stay updated on new technology innovations.
The responsibility of the Innovation Lab Specialist include:
- Creating and maintaining, with student apprentices, a public repository of tutorials on how to use the machines in the space safely, as well as documenting student projects built in the space;
- Maintaining the machines, tools, materials, safe use, and schedule of the Makerspace;
- Facilitating workshops and training for faculty and students in areas relevant to the machines in the space and use of technology;
- Researching, developing, and prototyping innovative maker activities;
- Being committed to student learning, personal growth, and professional development;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Varied professional experience; Former entrepreneurs encouraged, having demonstrated
- ability to independently develop professional connections and skills with the youth;
- Bachelor's degree in related field; advanced degree preferred;
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Genuine excitement for and ability to work with students, faculty, staff, and parents;
- Knowledge and experience with at least 2 or more of the following: physical programming, robotics, coding, 3D printing, design software, engineering, and wearable technology;
- Experience in the educational sector;
- Display commitment to safeguarding and protection of children.
To be considered for this vacancy, please complete this form and submit in English:
- Cover letter, which should include a statement of how you connect to ACS Athens’ mission;
- Resume and;
- The contact information for three professional references.