Elementary School Library Media Literacy Specialist
ACS Athens, a student-centered international school, embracing American educational philosophy, principles and values, is seeking to recruit a Library Media Literacy Specialist (school year 2023-2024). The Library Media Literacy Specialist reports to the Elementary School Principal.
The Specialist reports to the Elementary School Principal.
- Carries out tasks pertaining to charging and discharging of library materials using the computer programs; deals with routine concerns and assists at the circulation desk.
- Recovers overdue materials and assists students with the use of various resources of the library to meet their research needs.
- Shelves, repairs, and organizes all materials. Demonstrates independence and initiative when necessary to assure efficient library services.
- Assists homeroom teachers, Principal and Director with the development and modeling of instructional practices that lead to high levels of literacy development for students;
- Gathers, organizes, interprets and/or presents data to staff for use in designing interventions;
- Works with individual or groups of students on reading/literacy skills;
- Serves as a resource to teachers, administrators, and the community;
- Works cooperatively with professionals to meet the needs of the diverse population of learners;
- Promotes book sales twice a year (i.e. Scholastic, Usborne)
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Three or more years of similar experience, working with Elementary School students; At least two years teaching experience in elementary grades K-5, preferred.
- Familiar with Reading Intervention Programs such as Wilson, Fundations, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters in Library Science, preferred;
- Appropriate certification/licensure;
- Experience presenting to and working with teachers to improve their practices;
- Background and training in literacy/reading at multiple grade levels;
- Ability to develop and sustain positive working relationships with students, staff, parents and colleagues;
- Technology skills (able to use MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel);
- Exceptional communication, data analysis, leadership, and organizational skills;
- Currently contributing to US Social Security and FICA tax, required;
- Display commitment to safeguarding and protection of children.
To be considered for this vacancy, please complete this form and submit in English:
- Cover letter, which should include a statement of how you connect to ACS Athens’ mission;
- A copy of your Teaching License;
- Resume and;
- The contact information for three professional references.