Middle School Science Teacher
ACS Athens, a student-centered international school, embracing American educational philosophy, principles and values, is seeking to recruit a Science Teacher to teach Middle School students for the 2023-24 school year. The teacher reports to the Middle School Principal.
The Middle School Science Teacher will be responsible for providing an engaging and enriching learning experience in science to students in grades 6-8. The teacher will strive to create a learning environment that is conducive to student learning and involvement and monitor student understanding of the curriculum effectively, adjusting instruction, materials, or assessments when appropriate.
- Deliver high-quality science instruction to students in grades 6-8, creating an environment that is conducive to student learning and involvement.
- Monitor student understanding of the curriculum effectively and adjust instruction, materials, or assessments when appropriate.
- Evaluate, try innovative approaches, and refine instructional strategies, including the effective use of technology, to increase student learning, involvement, and confidence.
- Demonstrate appreciation for and sensitivity to diversity among individuals and strive to ensure equitable opportunities for student learning.
- Attend professional development events to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Share responsibility for accomplishing the goals and priorities of the grade/team/department.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Middle School Principal.
- Teaching license, or eligible for licensure, in Science.
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Chemistry, or Physics from an accredited college or university, Master’s preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English, both orally and in writing, to students in grades 6-8.
- Commitment to remain current in content knowledge, teaching strategies and educational technology.
- Currently contributing to US Social Security and FICA tax, required (for US hires);
- Display commitment to safeguarding and protection of children.
To apply, please submit to this form:
- Cover letter including connection to ACS Athens' mission
- Teaching license
- Contact information for 3 professional references
All materials should be submitted in English.