Middle/High School ESL Teacher (Part-time)
ACS Athens, a student-centered international school promoting American educational values, is seeking a ESL Teacher (part-time) for Middle School / High School students (school year 2023-24).
Reporting to the Middle School Principal, the successful candidate will have the following responsibilities and qualifications:
- Deliver engaging and effective ESL lessons;
- Differentiate instruction to meet students' individual needs;
- Continuously assess student understanding and adjust teaching accordingly;
- Explore and refine instructional strategies to increase student learning;
- Promote diversity and equity in the classroom;
- Attend professional development events to maintain and improve competence;
- Collaborate with team/department to achieve school goals.
- Teaching license or equivalent to teach 6-12 ESL;
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in ESL from an accredited institution;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- At least 2 years of teaching experience in the subject area;
- Preferred: experience teaching in US schools;
- Proficient in technology for both professional and educational use;
- Committed to staying current in content and teaching strategies.
To apply, please submit to this form:
- Cover letter including connection to ACS Athens' mission;
- Teaching license;
- Contact information for 3 professional references.
All materials should be submitted in English.