Long Term Substitute Position in Chemistry
ACS Athens, a student-centered international school, embracing American educational philosophy, principles and values, is seeking to recruit a full time permanent substitute teacher with a background in CHEMISTRY to teach High School and Middle School students for the 2023-2024 school year. The position reports to the Director of the Learning Commons.
- Substitute classes in the Middle School and Academy, primarily for faculty in the CHEMISTRY departments;
- Teach and provide learning experiences in CHEMISTRY, while creating an environment that is conducive to student learning and involvement;
- Monitor students' understanding of the curriculum effectively and adjusts instruction, materials, or assessments when appropriate;
- Evaluate, try innovative approaches, and refine instructional strategies, including the effective use of technologies available to teachers, to increase student learning, involvement, and confidence to learn;
- Know and use technology in teaching;
- Design presentations and/or workshops for academy and middle school students;
- Demonstrate appreciation for and sensitivity to the diversity among individuals and strives to ensure equitable opportunities for student learning;
- Maintain and improve professional competence through attendance at professional development events;
- Share responsibility for accomplishing the goals and priorities of his/her grade/team/department;
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Licensed to teach grades 7-12;
- Bachelor's Degree, Master’s preferred, from an accredited college or university, in CHEMISTRY;
- At least two years of relevant teaching experience, required;
- IB and/or AP teaching experience considered a plus;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, to students (ages 13 – 18) in english;
- Commitment to remain current in content knowledge and teaching strategies;
- Display commitment to safeguarding and protection of children.
To be considered for this vacancy, please complete this form and submit in English:
- Cover letter, which should include a statement of how you connect to ACS Athens’ mission;
- Resume, and;
- The contact information for three professional references.