Parent / Guardian Financial InformationUser Links →
I. TUITION PAYMENTS
- The school does not invoice or notify parents/legal guardians in writing for tuition amounts due and dates of payment. This information is published on ACS Athens website. If tuition clarifications are needed, the cashier’s office should be contacted. When the parent/legal guardian enrolls a student to ACS Athens he/she recognizes and consents to the relevant financial tuition and fees obligation.
- Parents/legal guardians must pay the required school tuition and fees in advance of the starting date of each school semester. The Board of Trustees Tuition Fees Payment Policy states that:
“No student will be allowed to attend classes without having previously paid the total of the respective semester’s tuition and other applicable fees unless prior Board approval has been obtained. Any delay in such payments will be subject to the Board’s published late penalty fee. A finance charge of 0,5% per month on the unpaid balance will be applied to all payments made after the first day of each semester.”
- Upon payment, the school cashier will issue the official receipt to the payor. ACS Athens may offer a tuition payment plan that can be facilitated through the Cashier’s office. An interest charge of 0,5% (monthly) is added to each installment payment. Parents/guardians have the ability to view detailed information of charges and payments through Skyward’s Family Access – Fee Management tab, using their login information.
- ACS Athens could initiate immediate legal action if the tuition fees payments are more than 30 days overdue. Also, parents/legal guardians clearly agree to resign from enrolling their child(ren) as students at ACS Athens at the end of the school year if they have outstanding tuition and fees amounts from the prior school year. Furthermore, for a child to continue at ACS Athens after legal action is taken, all outstanding fees plus the full first semester fees for the following school year must be paid in advance before the child can be re?admitted.
- Senior (12th Grade) students, with outstanding tuition balances are not allowed to participate at the Graduation Commencement Ceremony.
- The third child discount is valid only when all three students attend the school at the same time.
- The financial obligations of the School may be suspended immediately without notice during periods that the School must close due to Force Majeure events including, but not limited to, fire, acts of God, war, governmental action, terrorism, epidemic, pandemic, outbreaks of infectious disease, any other public health crisis, or any other event beyond the School’s control. If such an event occurs, the School’s duties and obligations under this Statement may be suspended or postponed until such time as the School, in its sole discretion, may safely re?open. A Force Majeure event will not entitle the parent(s), guardian(s) or other financially responsible party/parties to a tuition refund. The aforementioned explicitly waive any claims of unjustifiable enrichment. The obligation to pay tuition fees is fully in the case of tele?education.
II. GREEK REPORTING
ACS Athens is required to report to the Greek Government (Article 3.1. POL. 1195/22.10.2012) the combined amount of tuition paid by all payors, e.g. parents/legal guardians, Embassies, Companies e.tc., during the calendar year (Jan. 1 to Dec. 31). This report includes the Greek Tax Identification Number (ΑΦΜ) of the payor. When the payor has no?Greek (ΑΦΜ), then upon the student’s enrollment to ACS the payor must submit a statement showing his/her income tax residency to the cashier’s office.
III. SPECIAL FEES
The Registration, Capital, Technology and Institutional family Fees must be paid in advance at the beginning of the school
year upon enrollment at ACS Athens. These fees are non?refundable.
All other applicable fees (Special Services, Pre?School, Textbook, I.B.) are payable in advance or upon enrollment at ACS Athens as published at the school’s website.
The Bookstore office issues textbooks to students matching the textbooks serial numbers individually with each student’s ID number. Students must return all textbooks received to the Bookstore upon the end of the school year. If any textbook is lost or damaged, the student must reimburse the school for its purchase value.
IV. REGISTRATION DURING THE SCHOOL YEAR
The children who enter ACS Athens after the start of the school year, would be charged according to the following guidelines:
- TUITION: The full enrollment quarter tuition, regardless of the number of days attended during that quarter and for the full remaining quarters thereafter.
- FEES: Regardless of the date of enrollment, the Registration, Capital, Technology and Institutional family fees must be paid in full.
- Special Services, Pre?School, Textbook and IB fees are paid for the full enrollment quarter, regardless of the number of days attended during that quarter and for the full remaining quarters thereafter.
V. WITHDRAWALS DURING THE SCHOOL YEAR
The children who withdraw from ACS Athens for any reason during the school year, would be charged according to the following guidelines:
- TUITION: Tuition is non?refundable for the quarter in which the student withdrew. Refunds shall be given for the following quarter(s) in which the student will not be attending ACS Athens.
- FEES: The Registration, Capital, Technology and Institutional family fees are non?refundable, regardless of the date of withdrawal.
- Special Services, Pre?School, Textbook and I.B. Diploma fees are not refundable for the quarter in which the student withdrew. Refunds shall be given for the following quarter(s) in which the student will not be attending ACS Athens.
VI. CURRENCY CONVERSION
ACS Athens tuition and fees amounts are based on EURO currency. Payments to be made in U.S. DOLLARS must be converted to corresponding EURO at the date of the payment transaction. The Payor must contact the ACS Athens cashier at the day of payment to receive that day’s USD/EUR conversion rate. Otherwise, any amount that derives from currency exchange differences must be paid in full by the payor. Any corresponding Bank charges are the responsibility of the Payor.
VII. LOST OR ABANDONED PERSONAL ITEMS
ACS Athens assumes no responsibility for personal items lost or abandoned by any person on campus or at school events taking place off campus.
VIII. DURATION OF THIS FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT
The hereby signed statement applies for as long as my child(ren) continue their studies at ACS Athens. I am responsible to inform in writing and must sign if needed a new statement if any changes occur on the information provided, such as the parents’ marital status (e.g. divorce).