LEP (Learning Enhancement Program) User Links →
After School Homework Support / Math support
We look forward to working with your child! Every effort is made to provide students a positive learning experience and to help them become independent learners.
Location: ACS Athens Learning Commons - at the Hasib J. Sabbagh Library
Payments should be made to the school's bank account no later than the end of the first week of each semester.
If enrollment does not reach the minimum number of participants required, you will be notified and your tuition will be reimbursed. Rest assured that the Learning Commons will do their best to place each student in a group.
Click here for the school bank information.
Program structure and instructorsUser Links →
- Students will be provided with a structured, quiet environment.
- Students will be responsible for keeping up with their assignments by checking both Skyward and Moodle before starting their work.
- Students will be encouraged to set daily goals for the completion of their homework.
- Students will be away from all distracting stimuli (electronics) while completing their homework.
- Students will be provided with feedback about the timely completion of their work and will be expected to communicate their questions with the instructor.
- Students will be encouraged to develop frequent communication with their classroom teachers via email and Moodle.
- LEP is not an individualized one-on-one session.
- LEP aims at helping students with questions they may have and guide them in the right direction so as to help the student complete their homework.
- LEP instructors do not complete homework for students but provide assistance in the aim of motivating students to work.
The Program Instructors will provide homework support in the following ways:
- Assist students in understanding instructions if needed. If students do not understand the directions correctly, instructors will repeat them by breaking them down into step-by-step procedures.
- Identify and work on areas of weaknesses and if needed, communicate with the homeroom teacher.
- Improve students’ time management by giving them one task to complete at a time and introducing the next task, only when students have successfully completed the previous task.
- Encourage students to look at all available resources on Moodle so as to assist in the completion of work.
The Program Instructors will provide updates to parents via log notes that will be shared at the end of each session which provides parents with a brief description of the work covered in LEP and/or remaining work to be done at home.
- Please note that the Learning Commons reserves the right not to offer a session if the Program does not reach the minimum required number of students or if there’s no instructor.
- Students who do not have a spot will be placed on a waiting list. Parents will be notified once a spot becomes available.
Program eligibility requirementsUser Links →
- Students may be recommended or required to attend the After School Homework Support Program based on their Admissions’ file and their corresponding documents from previous institutions.
- This program is open to all students who wish to receive homework assistance and guidance from an ACS Athens faculty member in a supervised setting.
- Parent-initiated enrollment is an option for students who need homework assistance. Students benefit by developing and enhancing highly desirable qualities such as responsibility, perseverance, and time management.
- Students on academic probation and students who perform poorly are automatically informed about the After School Homework Support Program and may enroll throughout the year.
- Faculty can also refer students to the Child Study Team for screening, evaluation, and possible enrollment in the After School Homework Support Program.
Session scheduleUser Links →
|16:00 - 17:30|
Session I: September 25, 2023 - January 25, 2024
Session II: January 29, 2024 - May 30, 202
Dates of OPEN Sessions:
- September: 25, 26, 27, 28
- October: 2, 3, 4, 5 / 9, 10, 11, 12 / 16, 17, 18, 19 / 23, 24, 25, 26 / 30, 31
- November: 1, 2 / 6, 7, 8, 9 / 13, 14, 15, 16 / 20, 21 / 27, 28, 29, 30
- December: 4, 5, 6, 7 / 11, 12, 14 / 18, 19, 20, 21
- January: 8, 9, 10, 11 / 15, 16, 17, 18 / 22, 23, 24, 25 / 29, 30, 31
- February: 1 / 5, 6, 7, 8 / 12, 13, 15 / 19, 20, 21, 22 / 26, 27, 28, 29
- March: 4, 5, 6, 7 / 11, 12, 14 / 19, 20, 21 / 26, 27, 28
- April: 1, 2, 3, 4 / 8, 9, 10, 11 / 15, 16, 17, 18 / 22, 23, 24, 25
- May: 8, 9 / 13, 14, 15, 16 / 20, 21, 22 / 27, 28, 29, 30
*on school holidays and/or half-days LEP does not run.
In the event of an absence, we kindly ask parents/guardians to email the program’s Coordinator. This allows the instructor to start on time and prevents us from looking for students on campus.
Coordinator, Ms. Sophia Pappas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If 1/2 of the students in the class are absent, students may be merged with other groups.
TuitionUser Links →
Parents may choose to enroll their daughter/son in the type of program that best suits their child's needs:
|# of days
enrolled per week
|MIDDLE SCHOOL / ACADEMY|
Absences: Student absences from sessions are not deductible from LEP fees.
Enrollment is based on the following:
- Availability so that group size consists of the allowable number of students;
- Availability of a suitable instructor.
RETURNING ENROLLEES will have priority over new enrollees and every effort will be made to maintain Semester I status quo. Enrollment will be confirmed by email once the parent has submitted the LEP Enrollment Form and it has been processed; only then will the student be considered enrolled in the program;
NEW ENROLLEES may be placed on a waiting list as every effort is made to place students. Parents will be emailed by the Coordinator once the Enrollment form has been processed and placement is complete; only then will the student be considered enrolled in the program.
- Payment must be made before the designated deadline. Should payment not be made, LEP reserves the right to refuse the student from following the sessions;
- If enrollment does not reach the minimum number of students required for the LEP Program to run, it will be canceled, the parents will be notified and pre-paid fees will be reimbursed;
- If a parent has prepaid the entire session, credit will be given only if the student has not attended more than 50% of the total session;
- It is possible to enroll throughout the session. In this case, payment will be calculated on an individual basis and payment must be made before the given deadline.