Program structure and instructorsUser Links →
- Students will be provided with a structured, quiet environment.
- Students will be responsible for keeping up with their assignments by checking both Skyward and Moodle before starting their work.
- Students will be encouraged to set daily goals for the completion of their homework.
- Students will be away from all distracting stimuli (electronics) while completing their homework.
- Students will be provided with feedback about the timely completion of their work and will be expected to communicate their questions with the instructor.
- Students will be encouraged to develop frequent communication with their classroom teachers via email and Moodle.
- LEP is not an individualized one-on-one session
- LEP aims at helping students with questions they may have and guide them in the right direction so as to help the student complete their homework
- LEP instructors do not complete homework for students but provide assistance in the aim of motivating students to work.
The Program Instructors will provide homework support in the following ways:
- Assist students in understanding instructions if needed. If students do not understand the directions correctly, instructors will repeat them by breaking them down into step-by-step procedures.
- Identify and work on areas of weaknesses and if needed, communicate with the homeroom teacher.
- Improve students’ time management by giving them one task to complete at a time and introducing the next task, only when students have successfully completed the previous task.
- Encourage students to look at all available resources on Moodle so as to assist in the completion of work.
The Program Instructors will provide updates to parents via log notes that will be shared at the end of each session which provides parents with a brief description of the work covered in LEP and/or remaining work to be done at home.
- Please note that the Learning Commons reserves the right not to offer a session if the Program does not reach the minimum required number of students or if there’s no instructor.
- Students who do not have a spot will be placed on a waiting list. Parents will be notified once a spot becomes available.